Drum Roll Please...

>> Sunday, May 2, 2010

After 8 years of doing photography professionally, but only as a 'weekend warrior' (someone who only works when they aren't working at their 9-5 job), I took a scary leap when I went on maternity leave to have Lucas and quit my job. Over the next 12 months, I wasn't able to work a whole lot, being bound to controlled poverty by the government. However, to celebrate the end of my maternity leave and the beginning of my new exciting journey, it was time for a MASSIVE business overhaul. Five months later, it's finally complete!


We started with a new logo, which you can see at the top of the blog. Then I went and designed new cards. These took a unique spin and I made them collectible. 20 different photos on them, all with the same back. My future sets will feature new photographs as I get new favorites!


Photobucket


Then it was on to the website. Had a lot of fun with this one. Simple, to the point and the nicest one yet (in my humble opinion). Check it out at www.melindagombert.com

After that came the monumentally giant task of my studio. When we moved into our new home (I was 6 weeks pregnant with Lucas at the time) we thought eventually we've develop the basement into my studio and we set up everything in our bonus room for the mean time. We eventually decided that the bonus room was actually a fantastic space for me. However, the set up we had was terrible. It was shabby, pieced together and just not efficient. Very unprofessional and overall pretty 'ghetto'. It was time to put some serious time into making this space somewhere that I am proud to bring clients into and somewhere they feel comfortable. Thus began 'reno project 2010'. 

Here's the before (it usually wasn't this messy, I was half way through gutting out the room when it occurred to me that I should do 'before' photos) Take special note of the terrible cube shelf, the chunky awkward desks, the stands holding my back drop up and, (my personal favorite), the see through curtains that are actually falling down because the brackets came off the wall:

Photobucket

Photobucket

And now, ladies and gentlemen, drum roll please....

Presenting, the brand NEW studio!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The new display with our advertising pieces and our new line of products. Still waiting on the albums to arrive and we're always on the hunt for new fantastic things to offer our clients, so this will be constantly changing.

Photobucket

And my all time favorite of the new products, our accordion albums! Little 3x3 magnetic albums that are PERFECT for grandparents gifts, or brag books for mother's purses!

Photobucket

So, there it is! I can't wait to have all of you come by and see it! We're going to do a grand opening promotion, so keep tabs on the blog for more information!

And last (but not least) for the re-launch was this blog and a facebook fan page. Please join me there (facebook fan page) and follow me here on the blog.

Thanks for visiting everyone, keep smiling!

0 comments:

Archive